Wednesday 25 February 2009

A taster of the Jamie Foxx video and Jake's nose picked

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jamie Foxx's Blame it video will be released to us a second at a time, maybe a minute a week if we're lucky. Today, we got just a little bit more - a video taster of its Hollywood Heavies. And first among them is designated driver, Jake Gyllenhaal. You can see the clip here.


The article mentions that the video is to be premiered on iTunes today (25 February). I can't see it there yet, so is this yet more wishful thinking? Or just a case of timezones?

While we tap our feet and wait, another poll came out today. Various online dating organisations rustled up a list of the celebrities singles would most like to sleep with, should their understanding partners (I sense a contradiction in terms) give them the go-ahead. One wonders what the understanding partner gets out of it (their own celebrity sleepover perhaps?).


Jake is on the list, but with a rather irrational 6.5% - Sean Connery gets 16.1%. It seems to me that either the voters are 96 years old or they would prefer to keep Jake entirely secret from that understanding partner. Meanwhile, 17.2% of men have hypothetical partners who would let them have it away with Reese, while half of all men approve of Brad Pitt's choices.


In January, the Beverly Hills Institute of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery released its fourth annual Hollywood Hottest Looks list - presenting those bits of stars that its customers most want to have added to their own faces. It's no surprise to see that Jake's features feature. But, while we have reflected on the beauty of Jake's eyes and the sensuality of his lips, it appears that men most admire Jake's face for his nose and that is the bit of him they picked. The exception was in 2006, when Jake's eyes got a look in.


With an image in my head of a lot of people walking round BH with Jake's nose, I was slightly surprised to see that Sean Penn's hair features high on the wants list for 2009. Maybe everyone needs to take a closer look at how all of Jake's features come together.


Includes pictures from IHJ.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

More people want to sleep with Howard Stern than Jake???!!! Who votes on these polls? Ewww...

It is totally unfair that we see so much of Ron Howard in that video snippet and so little of Jake. Nice shot of his hand, tough. Oh how I love his hands!

And WDW, I loved the title of this post, when I read it I was like, "Jake's nose picked"... what? By whom, with what??? I so did not think of the meaning "chosen" and the exact picture you posted of Jake picking his nose flashed in my mind! :DD

Olympia

Anonymous said...

Hi WDW! (Are you thinking I live on your blog? ha ha)!

I just checked itunes and you are correct, the video is not listed yet and right now it is Wednesday, 2/25/09 at 3:11PM EST. All this mis-info is driving me crazy!! Hurry up already!! (This is not directed at you...it's directed to Jamie's peeps)!

Thanks for the preview - I can't wait to see the rest!!

xoxo

Ruby said...

If you are single, how can you have an understanding partner? Or is that the celebrity's partner? But it's a fantasy, why even mention the partner?

Am I over-thinking this?

I'm keeping an eye on iTunes. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Olympia! I know - it's crazy!! And I also agree about Ron Howard - I like Ron Howard but that's far too much of him and far too little of our Jake. I'm glad you liked the title! I love that picking pic :D It was too irresistible.

I'm so glad to see you here BBMISwear :DD Please feel free to move in - I can't promise good cooking though... Someone else will have to do that.

I've been chatting to Stephanie and she found this on iTunes: 'Today, Jamie Foxx will be releasing his latest video for his current single, "Blame It", exclusively on iTunes. The video, which will be available for purchase on iTunes for 48 hours, might be worth every penny of it's $1.99 price tag. As shown in the clip, guest appearances for "Blame It" will include, Oscar winners Forest Whitaker and director, Ron Howard. Oscar nominees Jake Gyllenhaal and Samuel L. Jackson, and even Quincy Jones.
Check out the clip and get excited. Directed by Hype Williams.' And then it's the clip from this post.

SO.... This surely means a preview on iTunes (that we pay to see) for 48 hours before a big release...?

Hey Rubes :D It does seem a little odd to have an understanding partner while trying to find another one on an internet dating site. And yeah, why do you need the permission of a partner that doesn't exist? It's all this sort of stuff that makes me enjoy these polls so much!

Ooh, I have a good word - hippydst

Anonymous said...

argh... what a teaser! we need to full-length video!!

That's a weird poll! No disrespect to Sean Connery, but I'd rather have some tea with him and wasting my "get away" affair card on him...

I think this kind of vote is like those list that couples make "name 5 celebrities you are allowed to sleep with" and give it to each other. They played this game in one "Friends" episode. Then Ross met Isabella Rossellini but he didn't put her on his list...

it will be more interesting if the poll is "name which movie character Jake played before that you want to have an affair with" (don't care if your partner understands or not!)....

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Winterbird! Very sensible - keep Sean for the afternoon tea. ooh, I've not seen that Friends episode - sounds good. I really don't think it's up to partners about who fills our dreams :D

Uli said...

Are they making fun of us? What kind of teaser is that, please??
Hope they get their shit together soon and we can watch the video! And with more Jake in it!!! They definitely focussed too much on the other people in this teaser!
Now, hurry up, people!

Err, do I come across as impatient?? :D :D

LOL, I just realized, that I wrote this comment hours ago, but just pushed the preview and not the publish button! :D :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Yep, Uli, it's Jake Drip Torture... :( Just give it to us!! So little Jake, so much Ron Howard :/ Errrr, glad you pushed the right button :D