Tuesday 30 March 2010

Prince of Persia gets its song, thanks to Alanis Morissette, and Jake Gyllenhaal and The Forgotten Sands

Towards the end of February, we reported that Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was complete except for one crucial element - it had no closing song. Nothing for people to ruin while trampling over feet and bags to get out to check their phone (the exception is clearly Avatar - if ever there was a closing song to run away from that was it). And nothing for us to slump into our seats to after two hours of Jake Gyllenhaal in the sands. All we knew was that 'a very well-known female artist' was being leant towards. Now we know her name - Alanis Morissette - and her song will be called I Remain.


Known to many as the barefoot, skipping and loud-of-mouth God in Dogma, Alanis Morissette is a singer/songwriter who knows how to get her point across with no dilly dallying and has a fine voice to boot. So this is good news indeed and in further good news the soundtrack album is now available to preorder. Give it a couple of months and you too can sway with your partner to 'Ostrich Race' and 'Hassassin Attack'.


The soundtrack's composer is Harry Gregson-Williams, best known for his work on the Chronicles of Narnia, X-Men and endless Shreks.


To illustrate the point that there are other lovely products on the way with which to fill every spare square metre of one's homes, offices and cars, this post's pictures includes some examples.


Lest we forget that Prince of Persia is based on a videogame and not on an authentic chronicle rediscovered in a long-lost royal library, reclaimed from the sands in the heart of the ancient desert city of Susa, a new game is on the way to mark the release of the movie. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will be out on the Wii in May - complete with the original PoP game that irritated and enthralled me in equal measure back in another century (the versions for other platforms will be a tad later).



Fitting indeed then that the wonderful IHJ has posted today new old pictures of Jake playing on a PS2 back in 2001 at Sundance. But be warned - these photos come with a Hideous Jumper Warning. Do take care, particularly when trying not to look at the elbows.




Obviously, in this day and age, Jake will be enjoying the new game on the wii, having already perfected his Wii Tennis Serve.


And finally...

In preparation for 9 May, the lovely Gemma Arterton and her shoes took to the splendour of a very wet red carpet for the world premiere of Clash of the Titans in London last night. Apparently, Leicester Square was turned into ancient Greece for the night with lots of men in miniskirts. More than ever, this gives me hope for something quite special on 9 May for the Prince of Persia premiere and I'm not talking scorpions loose in the Square.


Includes pictures from IHJ, links and Amazon.

16 comments:

BBMISwear said...

Just taking a little afternoon break and what great timing I have...new post! Ooooh I just can't wait for all this wonderful new PoP stuff coming our way...books, books and more books and toys, toys and more toys! Where will I put it all?! Hee Hee!

LMAO at: "you too can sway with your partner to 'Ostrich Race' and 'Hassassin Attack'." Thanks for the laugh!!

I've always liked Alanis...looking forwarding to hearing this song. Those pics of Jake playing Playstation always make me smile...good to see new/old ones from this day years ago!

Do you think there will be Ostriches on May 9th????

Thanks for the updates! Until next time... :-)

get real said...

Great news about Alanis she is a very talented singer! And wow what a great interview with Jake in the previous thread and wow what fantastic reviews for LAOD! Awesome new pics of Jake in PoP, new/old pics, etc.

Have not been able to post much because of Passover, wishing everyone who observes a nice holiday, but have been reading! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey BBMISwear :-) Glad t provide you with some distraction! Space will be an issue with PoP but I'm sure we'll all cram it in somehow!

I like Alanis too - I've got all her stuff. I am so glad that it's a singer with an edge.

Ostriches could be good... :D So long as they're on a lead.

I hope you had a good celebration, Get Real :) There's so much going on. I'm really glad to see you here catching up :D

Anna said...

LMAO! That is one ugly shirt! They sell clothes like that in LA???

I have high hopes about Alanis Morisette. She's good. And she was great as god as well. :)

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, that first picture of Dastan is breathtaking - knocked be back a step. :)

Anonymous said...

Shirley you aren't hoping for Jake to wear a miniskirt on 9th of May?

I'm hoping for a heatwave so he will arive shirtless. It's the least he can do!I'm counting on you for the best pictures from the red carpet! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Anna! That is quite possibly the worst sweater I have ever ever seen and I'm sure Jake soon turned it into a rag for cleaning the car... Alanis made a good god :D

Hi 21:19! Beautiful, eh? Sigh...

Hey 21:20! Shirtless would be good! Very good :D So yes, let's hope for a heatwave. I've bought a new camera :) You will definitely get the shakiest pictures from the red carpet from me!

Anonymous said...

Lol, I never got as far as the sweater - I barely got beyond that first pic! :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I don't blame you, 21:33, it's quite a pic! I think it would make wonderful wallpaper for my office :D

Anonymous said...

Agreed about the first pic, it's beautiful! And agreed also about the PS2 ones, that sweater is horrible and I'm not crazy about the pants either or the hair... But they are good for a laugh.

Alanis Morissette is a very good choice for the POP song and she was born in Ottawa. :)

I'm really looking forward to your shaky red carpet pics! :D

Olympia

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Olympia! You're right - those pics certainly made me laugh :D As if Jake could have worn anything worse...!

I didn't know that about Alanis!

I'll try not to disappoint :) I just hope the ground doesn't fall beneath my feet.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

That first pic is my new desktop :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

And maybe something a little more than that...

T said...

Morning Guys, found a great new interview with Jake on http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderconnews.php?id=64701(hope its ok ok to add that) he talks about 3 main fears about being the prince our beloved ostrichs being first then british accent then sword fighting - lol

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning T! Yep, new post :D Love it!