Friday 2 April 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal covers SFX magazine and reveals he played the Prince of Persia spawn...

Jake Gyllenhaal is once again on the cover of a film magazine! The June edition of the British film magazine SFX is out on 7 April (is it just me or are magazines getting earlier and earlier...?) and Dastan is resplendent on the cover. At least on the clean version of the cover. Thanks to IHJ for the heads up!


A taster from SFX has Jake's answer to the question of whether he'd ever played the Prince of Persia games (Jake may grow tired of this question, I feel...): '“I played the original game. I then played The Sands Of Time and its subsequent spawn while I was preparing for the movie. With The Sands Of Time I would bring in the stuntmen sometimes and be like, ‘Check out this move! Can we figure out how we can duplicate this thing?’ They’d be like, ‘Sure,’ and it would get incorporated. So I played it then. I played a lot of videogames when I was a kid. I was stuck with the original Nintendo and all the games that went with it, like Metroid and Mike Tyson’s Punch Out.” [Laughs.]' And there was me with my MS-dos 3D Tetris...


We don't have to wait for May for Jake's next public appearance. Tomorrow, Jake and Jerry Bruckheimer take centrestage at WonderCon with Jake introducing a new clip from the film. You can see the full programme here and keep an eye on HeyUGuys for their fab reports from the event. San Francisco has Disney fever...


For any Brits who happen to see Clash of the Titans this holiday weekend, you may have a treat in store in the shape of a Prince of Persia trailer!

I think this can stand a repeat...



PS I hope this post will post - if it does, it's no thanks to Blogger! Pictures from SFX and links.

11 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

At last.... I thought I'd never be able to get this posted!

What a cover - I can't wait to see this on the shelves :) But a June issue out in early April? I don't know...

It was amazing today seeing the PoP trailer on a very big screen - I've been smiling ever since (when I wasn't yelling obscenities at blogger, that is)

Anonymous said...

cool well I won't be in San Fran but I can't wait for a report about what went on

gorgeous cover, he looks like a man of mystery from that pose.

thanks WDW

sweetpea

Monica said...

The image reminds me one of the photos of the game Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's amazing the resemblance between Jake and Dastan.
But I did not like the hood in the picture, only the eyes.

I don't like these comparisons between POP and POTC.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's reports too, Sweetpea :)

Hey there Monica! It really reminds me of that too. They've done such a good job of echoing the games. Yep, could've done without the hood, but the face and the pose... gulp...

I hope everyone's having a good holiday evening :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

PS I'm tired of those POTC comments too, Monica :)

Zodiac said...

So, I can see that Jake had problems with levels:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Zodiac! Great to see you! I defintely think you'd be great showing Jake how to get through those levels :) Have a fab Easter *)

Hey BBMISwear! Just saw your post on the last thread but thought I'd respond here :-) I have no idea why PoP isn't being pushed in US film mags - although, to be honest, name me one and I probably wouldn't know it! I only know Empire, Total Film, SFX and a couple of DVD review mags and they're all British. I want Jake on as many magazine covers as possible. What normally happens with films in the US? What sort of push is Iron Man getting? What sort of mags is it in? TDAT got a similar treatment here too.

I really appreciate the question as it's a mystery to me too. It's also odd but PoP, despite the Disney thing and despite Jake's nationality, has had a Brit feel to it from day one. But this film should be all over the US mags - all over them.

It's interesting and frustrating!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning all! Have a good day - WonderCon Day :)

BBMISwear said...

LOL at myself, WDW, as I wrote my long ranting comment about US Mags in the thread before this one (I meant to, obviously, put it here)!!

Well you make a good point about lack of American "film" magazines in general. In the states the magazines tend to be more celebrity oriented than film oriented - even if a magazine is mostly about fashion or lifestyle it tends to have a celebrity oriented spin (that is why we are lucky to get Jake on the cover of mags like GQ, Vanity Fair and Details, for example). Premiere and Interview of course lean toward the film side but, as we know, nothing re: PoP yet. Perhaps these two will do what Entertainment Weekly and the basic celeb mags like People and US Weekly will do - give us a cover or at least an article in the month of May. And, believe me, I won't complain - I want those and will love those - but the lack of build up is frustrating. I guess the difference we're seeing is there is more of a build up in the UK and more of a "quick excitement and then gone" in the US for stuff like this. I guess we'll take all of it when they decide to give it to us, right?! Oh, and the US talk shows...no complaints about those usually - I hope there are A LOT of Jake appearances on those!!

Thanks for discussing this with me...could you tell I was pissed off?! LOL!! Happy Saturday!! I guess I should stop procrastinating and go get my house ready for the 19 relatives that will be showing up tomorrow looking for Easter dinner - yikes! :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey BBMISwear! Chuckling at you posting in the wrong thread :-) I love mags like Premier, Details etc. We have some UK equivalents but they never have anyone I'm interested in in them! Hopefully, that'll change after the success of PoP. Yeah - I'll take a cover on any of them too!

We have nothing like the chat shows here - Jonathan Ross (who's finishing the show this summer) and the One Show, which might get Jake but who knows... rather funny really, because I went to college with the host of the One Show! Wonder if he remembers me... :D

Fortunately, as far as this gap between where we see Jake, I think between us we have it covered :D

Is it ever going to stop raining? How am I going to get out there and work off all this chocolate?!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

And did you say 19 people?!!!! I feel faint at the thought... ;)