Thursday 29 April 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal models early medieval Persian accessories, Source Code wraps and Nailed 2 years on

The postman may have delivered my Prince of Persia: Book of the Film book today (see actual cover below) but is there time to read it? Oh no... Tempting as it is to curl up and read along with 6th-century Persian exploits and daring-do, I thought I'd make the sacrifice and instead look at the newly-released pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal with his shirt off.


Please note the use of accessories, the careful attention to detail with the trim of the boots, the intricate hair beads, and the range of headgarb that can be seen on the observers.


Gemma Arterton has been talking to Radio 1 and, apart from impressing on the interviewer that she is not marrying a stuntman, she has something to say about PoPstar Jake: 'Jake was a very, very funny guy. He's really nice. He's quite serious when it comes to his work. He works hard and he is a perfectionist. But he likes to make jokes and he's fun. He's funny. And he is fit, of course.' If you can draw your eyes away from the extraordinary attention to detail in the costumes of the crowd in these pictures, I think you may agree.


We have some more details from the Disney day at Leicester Square in London's West End yesterday, at which a screening of PoP was introduced by Mike Newell. Although Mike has always said that Jake was his first choice, he was pushed to give examples of others who were considered, albeit briefly. They included James McAvoy and Ben Barnes. I do remember that Orlando Bloom was also once attached. But say Prince of Persia to me now and I cannot imagine a soul other than Jake Gyllenhaal filling those sturdy incredible boots.


Source Code has wrapped! Duncan Jones tweeted today: 'Well, just wanted to let you know, ITS ONLY OUR LAST BLOODY DAY OF SHOOTING!!! Now...where to take Ro for hols? Im thinking... Blackpool!' Ro is a lucky lady (especially if she likes trams and ballroom dancing). More details at ManMadeMovies. Congratulations to Duncan and the cast and crew!


Source Code may be in the can but, unfortunately, we can't say the same thing for another highly craved movie: Nailed. An interesting summary of the plight of what is truly a tragi-comedy has been published on The Daily Beast (and summarised at the Playlist). It records the struggle of those involved to get this film made, the efforts of Jake to encourage its completion and the frustration of all in the face of repeated delays and standoffs. We heard Jake discuss 'The Nail' at WonderCon recently and it is encouraging and marvellous how, in the face of all of this, there is still a fight to see it off the shelf and on to our screens. Possibly TV screens but that would be a big something, and I'll take it.


It seems appropriate to talk about Nailed today as this day is the 2nd anniversary of Ted and (BBMISwear) Lisa's Excellent Adventure when they spent some quality time with Jake on the Nailed set. If you want to read more - and you really must! - please visit Ted's LJ and ask to be befriended and then you will read a wonderful, hysterical and memorable account of that April day. What about this for a lovely couple?!


Includes pictures from Disney, via IHJ, and Ted and Lisa.

And finally...

A couple of videos I recorded while watching the sublime Rufus Wainwright in Oxford on Monday.


24 comments:

TD said...

Good Evening!

Im far too British to describe what I want to do to Jake after pictures like this. But Oh. God.

And don't Lisa and Jake look great? No need to matchmake at all!

Best wishes for the long weekend to everyone, inc. those not having a long weekend.

TD

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Evening TD! Me too :D I understand completely...

Lisa and Jake look wonderful together - I recall they even compared t-shirts.

It's gonna be cold this May Day weekend, so plenty of time to catch up on the cinema for me :D

Anonymous said...

Oh guh, that first pic is a killer. My favorite so far! No way I'm going to miss Prince of Persia. *thud*

My word is mistr. :)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

It most certainly cannot be missed, 22:32 :D I love that pics, well, I love all of them! My word is something long and Klingon...

Anonymous said...

Those arms! That crest! That stomach - the most beautiful view of it so far. :P *swoon* I'm awful.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

No you're not, 11:35! It's such an incredible sight!

Anonymous said...

:) I'm glad others can understand my affliction.

My word is now grachu, I guess that means thank you!

Pickle said...

Hi! WDaW!

How lovely to see the pic. of Jake & Lisa here!!

I don't know why everyone on WDaW recently commenting about the best matchmake girls for Jake.... is it some thing to do with Sean Penn and Tobey failed to do for him before...???
(http://www.zimbio.com/Jake+Gyllenhaal/articles/O5VFWfNRtR-/Jake+Gyllenhaal+one+those+guys+always+needs ) Awwww... it's so sweet and cute story only if it's true though!

Anyway, about Gemma's Boyfriend thing which she also mentioned a bit at the Johnathan Ross chat show, I thought she had a kind of fling with a Spanish stuntman on the set of Pop during the shooting but she seemed to go back to the Italian body dubble guy (for Daniel Craig at the Bond movie she did and met on the set) called Stephano reportedly.... (http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00025514.html

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2010/04/17/gemma-arterton-taking-break-from-acting-to-marry-boyfriend-110200/ )

Sorry, we're here for Jake to talk about not his costar of Pop. I was just trying to clarify a few things I happened to know about....

I'm super busy atm. to promote Pop and Brothers for my Japanese SNS fansite and some of our member claiming that she had already bought 5 pre-advanced Pop tickets all for herself before she wins premiere in Tokyo (yes, that with the satellite link from London on the 9th).

I'm hoping to do the same which we did for TDK for Heath to thank about their BBM which I feel I don't know anything else I could do in return eternally.
(oh, and I can't wait to buy the Dastan 6inch figure to make him compete some knife throwing fight with Joker too!)

Hope you have a good weekend ahead, WDaW. (since the weather is not good, my family is planning to go to watch Ironman2 together....)

Pickle
xxx

Wet Dark and Wild said...

That's a good word, 22:40 :D

Hi Pickle!

No-one here is seriously matchmaking for Jake, it's been mentioned by one or two. And that article is truly ludicrous - Jake needs noone to matchmake for him, certainly not InTouch, Star and NE! And Gemma has her life, and she's happy and that's lovely :) Hopefully she can be left alone with that now, too. Busy days, indeed :) Glad to hear the promotion is going well in Japan.

Carol said...

OMG those pictures:) I'm having one of my speechless moments!!!

On our trip to Dublin yesterday we went to see Date Night and there to greet us in the cinema was a huge display for PoP. That was the first proper one I'd seen so the camera was out straight away!!!

Thanks for the Rufus clips WDW. I only managed to get one clip of The Art Teacher which is one of my all time favourites. But unfortunately it's turned out to be more
audio than visual!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend long or otherwise. I'm looking forward to Mr Downey donning the red suit again!!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hey Carol! I got quite a few clips of Rufus - experimenting with my new Flip (wish the sound was better on YouTube). I'll put some more up on YouTube. Been testing it for the 9th!

That's great about the poster! We have a chilly cold weekend forecast (after weeks of warm sun) so I have a date with Mr Iron Man Too ;D

winterbird said...

Shirtless Jake... mmmm.... what were you saying? :)

Likewise, i can't imagine anyone else being Prince Danstan (and James McAvoy? oh please, didn't he get his ass kicked by A. Jolie in another movie?)... who can beat Jake's agility and talent?

I hope "Nailed" will see the light of day - eventually. Looking at Lisa's picture again back then just makes me want to watch this movie.

And congrats on the Source Code wrap!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, WDW, for those lovely shots of the prince (woo it got hot in here all of a sudden)

I'm glad Duncan let us know SC wrapped. I wonder when the release date will be.

sweetpea

Leslie said...

I am loving the PoP pics that were released today. I saw them on every blog and everyone had great things to say about Jake!

I've been driving my friends nuts tweeting links to the pics all day but I can't help it! Jake looks amazing & I can't wait to see this movie. I wish it was coming out tomorrow!

I did have to give the evil eye to one friend who said she thinks his abs are painted on, I was very quick to defend Jake's hard work for the film ;-)

I'd love to read about Ted & Lisa's adventure I think I sent a request last night to be friended on LiveJournal, I'm new to LJ so I'm not too sure.

BBMISwear said...

Those new PoP on set pictures stopped me in my tracks!! *THUD* And I laughed out loud at the comments about the observers in the background - ya right - we all noticed them for sure!! :-)

And how very, very, very sweet you are to not only mention the anniversary of this very special day for me but to post THAT picture! OMG thank you so, so, so, much for that! You really made me smile from ear to ear and the comments from some of you are so sweet too - thank you - you guys are the best!! What memories of that day...I relive them over and over quite often. *heavy sigh* I laughed at a comment Olympia made the other day saying I worded something about my time with Jake so casually - LOL! I do try to sound that way sometimes but, believe me, I don't feel that way at all - not even two years later!! I figure if I try to act calm and normal about it I won't be gushing all over the place and not being able to form complete sentences - LOL!!

What amazing timing for all this Nailed news...on this day of all days. I think it's a sign of some kind (hee hee). It really does sound like there are A LOT of people that want this movie to be completed and released...having the director himself be one of them is HUGE. I believe the right people will get through the red tape (or contracts as Jake called it) and make this happen somehow, someday. A miracle of sorts indeed!

I'm so glad you posted your Rufus videos...I am going to back and watch them now...I had people in the room trying to have a conversation with me (the nerve - ha ha!) so I didn't want to play them when I first logged on here. I need peace and quiet for such things!

Hockey side note: Congrats to Olympia and her Montreal Canadians! What a third period last night - so intense. It was the first time the people in my house were rooting for Montreal (something to do with who Boston will play next, home ice advantage, etc). Oh, I can see those eyes rolling now - sorry folks! :-)

Thanks again, WDW, for making me feel so special here. I enjoy sharing all the details of my time with Jake with people who really care about him (which is why we wrote and posted our story in the first place)!

Hugs!! :-)

BBMISwear said...

Note to Leslie: I just saw your comment and I'll tell Ted to definitely friend you so you can read the story. Would love to hear what you think when you're done! He always friends everyone eventually but just doesn't always see the requests right away so I'll tell him! We've been amazed that even all this time later people periodically still ask to read it...pretty cool I think!

:-)

Leslie said...

Thanks! I'll keep checking to see if I have access to the story. I'm definitely interested in reading it, especially after seeing the pic posted today of you and Jake. You're very lucky :-) I'll be sure to give my input once I get to read it.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning! Friday :D

Morning Winterbird! I completely totally cannot at all imagine James McAvoy as the prince. I've never really got the appeal of him. Yep, we need to see Nailed!

Hi Sweetpea - yes, they do raise the temperature somewhat :D

Morning Leslie! Painted on? What a slur :D These pictures are just gorgeous and I find I'm looking at them a lot! You'll love Ted and Lisa's Adventure. Hopefully Ted will befriend you ASAP.

Hi BBMISwear :-) Ooh so glad to hear you're giving the extras the attention you deserve :D

I was thinking about you and Jake and Ted and that picture all day. It's not at all something to act calm and normal about - incredible. I hope you like the Rufus vids, they should both be working ok :)

have a lovely day everyone - my word is 'knees' :D

Leslie said...

For BBMISwear: My friend request was accepted! YAY! Of course I won't be home tonight to sit and read everything. I will definitely make time to read it over this weekend Thanks :-D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

That's good news, Leslie!

Leslie said...

For BBMISwear: Finally sat down and read your adventure. I left a comment on the Live Journal page. I'm Smiler80 :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi leslie, I'll pass this on to BBMISwear as I don't want her to miss it :D

Leslie said...

Hey WDW Thanks for letting her know :-D

Honeypool41 said...

دانلود قسمت دوم فصل دوم سریال شهرزاد, دانلود رایگان شهرزاد, دانلود سریال جدید شهرزاد ایرانی دانلود سریال شهرزاد با لینک مستقیم, دانلود فیلم های جدید و برتر, دانلود رایگان فیلم و سریال با لینک مستقیم
دانلود قسمت دوم فصل دوم شهرزاد