Tuesday 27 April 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal on PoP: 'I just think how much fun the kids are going to have' - and a WDW Rufus Interlude

Jake Gyllenhaal in the glorious book We Make Our Own Destiny: Behind the Scenes of Prince of Persia (the postman was good to me today): 'Every time I walk onto one of the sets in this movie, I just think of all the children that I know and love, and how much fun they're going to have watching this movie... The fact is, I made it for them. And if I'm frustrated about something, I take a look at the sets of Alamut, or the Sandglass of the Gods, and I just think about how much fun the kids are going to have watching Dastan fight off the Hassansins and doing his jumps and leaps.'


'It brings me a lot of joy to think about that, because I remember how huge of an influence movie heroes had on my life when I was young. Kids today are brought up in a very different world. We're experiencing a lot of hard stuff. So it's really nice to have a movie that's a real escape and a metaphor for them that represents good. It's a nice feeling to be a part of something like that.'


Jordan Mechner: 'I think Jake is a fantastic choice for the role. Once you see him in costume and in action, you have no doubt that he can be the prince in sixth-century Persia... Jake definitely looks like the prince, but more important than how an actor looks is who they are, and the personality they project. Jake is strong, heroic, humorous, sensitive, and vulnerable, and you have no doubt he's going to do the right thing.'


Jerry Bruckheimer in an interview for HeyUGuys: 'For a start [Jake] is a wonderful actor and he is very handsome. We have done this with so many actors. Will Smith in “Bad Boys”, he was seen as a comedic actor. Nicolas Cage in “Con Air”. He had always played various characters but was never an action hero until that and “The Rock”. I’m a fan of certain actors and Jake is one of them.'


As you know, I got hold of some PoP lego a short time ago, and after a couple of photo opportunities in which Mini Jake took on the mighty Mallard and Dragon, I thought I'd have a go at something slightly more ambitious.



While tonight's post has been delayed by an Avatar and Pizza evening, last night was all about one man and a piano, Rufus Wainwright. More on that to follow tomorrow but in the meantime, here's a passing shot from something wonderful.


Pictures with thanks from Shockya, Disney, the lovely IHJ and moi.

16 comments:

JoeAnn said...

WD&W that Lego trailer is a scream! Loved it! You are one talented lady...or a deeply disturbed one, lol. I hope it catches the attention of someone associated with the movie. You rock

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi JoeAnn! I was just joking - the trailer is from those wonderful Lego folks - it's fab, isn't it!

Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet. Just think of all the fun the big kids are gonna have too. I really can't wait.

Rufus must have been great - I love acoustic concerts like that.

The Lego PoP trailer is great!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi 21:59! Rufus was great!!

BBMISwear said...

LOL! I heard about this Lego trailer but this is the first chance I had to watch it and I was LMAO! Especially since just within the last week my 2 PoP Lego sets were put together by a couple of Under 14 year olds - Phew! I give them some credit as there are A LOT of teeny tiny pieces in those Lego sets. One of them watched the Lego Trailer with me and really liked it (and also confirmed he could do that if he wanted to spend the time - but does NOT want to). Ha Ha...I'm lucky I got him to build the things!

I've been catching up on all the great photos, videos, etc. of the last few days...amazing stuff...can't wait for more (and I know it's comin')!!

Off Topic - Ya Bruins on to round 2! Good Luck to Olympia's (Hockey Corespondant #1) 2nd Team tonight, Montreal. Sorry to hear her 1st Team, Ottawa, is out of the playoffs. Or maybe she really likes Montreal more anyway?! (I know WDW is rolling her eyes right now - LOL)!

:-)

Get Real said...

Really nice comments from Jake. It is wonderful how he cares about kids. :)

LOL at the Lego trailer!

Nice Rufus interlude, WDW!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Bruins, BBMISwear! If Montréal (which I do love more than Ottawa) gets eliminated tomorrow, I'll be rooting for the Bruins. And for Pittsburgh, they have a couple of guys who played for my junior hockey team or are from Québec. :)

The POP premiere sounds so exciting, I can't believe how big it's gonna be! I hope many of you Brits get to go. The rest of us will all be living this event vicariously through you. :)

Olympia

Anonymous said...

The lego trailer is funny! and good!

thanks
sweetpea

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning!

Yeay, BBMISwear :-) I'm glad you put those youngsters to good use and got that lego built! Can they come round and do mine now...? Yep, rolling eyes! It'll soon be the cricket over here and then we can talk about a proper sport ;)

Morning Get Real!

Hi there Olympia :D Lovin the hockey report, not undertanding a word... :D The premiere is going to be a whapper (and very convenient being in a shopping centre!)

Morning Sweetpea :) It is!

Have a great day everyone :)

Karen said...

Hi WDW, have you seen that after Friday night with Jonathan Ross on 7th May (Jake Gyllenhaal guest) Moonlight Mile is on! I love the BBC - although I have it on DVD I enjoy watching Jake's films on TV :D

Sheba, did you get my email?

sheba said...

The Lego skit is genius. What is the age range recommended for PoP Lego? If its under 10, I have to find a child in that age range and spend hours playing with them endless scenarios. That's my contribution to society :DD

Yay, Moonlight Mile is my favourite movie next to BBM. Hi Karen, yes I got it thanks. You have mail :DD

They say never work with children and animals but Jake has worked with both. Speaking of his animal encounters there's: a scorpion, sheep, dogs,a cat, ostridges, a vulture, 'rabbits', horses. Don't know if you could count the two halves of a cow.

I'm already looking forward to what he's going to chose to do after all the PoP premo. What a great future he has.

Anonymous said...

Awww it's nice that Jake thinks about the kids he is involved with :) You can tell he definatley wants to have children someday. He would be such a great dad.

Hehe i love the lego animation :)

Glad you enjoyed Rufus!

Karen, that's great news about Jonathan Ross and Moonlight Mile! I've never seen moonlight mile.. :O
Just never got round to it, so YAY im excited to see it :)

Also, Sheba how could you forget BUBBLE GUINEA!! :)

Silver

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello! Good to be home - Mr WDW can't stop watching Avatar :D

Hi Karen! I didn't know that - that's really good news - that film is very special to me, especially after last summer's adventures!

Hey Sheba! I think PoP lego is recommended for 2-99 year olds, just be careful not to choke on the small pieces :D

Silver, you're going to love Moonlight Mile! And when you watch it, have a chuckle about BBMISwear hurling herself over the postoffice counter! What a wonderful Moonlight Mile Road Trip we had :D

Talking of Jake working with animals, I did a post on this so long ago, so it may be new to some :D

Here it is

Anonymous said...

LOL i enjoyed your animal post! :) Did you make a post on yours and BBMISwears adventures? I'd love to read it! :D

Silver

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Silver! ooh yes, there are lots of posts following our adventures in Massachusetts (can't spell, sorry) and Martha's Vineyard - we pretended to run the Chilmark Road Race - ahem - we were fast... :D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

PS Silver - look at the archive posts for the end of August 2009 :)