Monday 27 December 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal on being dipped in glue and sparkles, and why you should eat bakchoi

There are a couple more great interviews with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway today. This no doubt proves that the Loving and Other Drugging Duo must have gone without food and water throughout their brief stay in London last month in order to keep us happily amused while they open pressies, contemplate a (veggie) turkey and dig a car or two out.


In the first interview, parts of which were broadcast on Edith Bowman's show on BBC Radio 1 today, Jake and Anne actually do receive a present, as does their interviewer James King, allowing Jake to utter the thought that how we unwrap presents reveals a great deal about ourselves. Personally, I think how we wrap them reveals much more. But it is extremely amusing to hear Jake describe why the gift of a luggage label in the shape of a chunk of bakchoi is such a wonderful gift. Not least because it rhymes with 'Don't knock joy'.


As for the sparkly purse that Jake receives (his 'murse' or man's purse), Jake says how it reminds him that sometimes for his roles he gets dipped in glue and covered in sparkles. If you're in the UK you can see an extended version here.

Jake and Anne have also made it to the Other Channel - ITN:



On the morning of the Golden Globes nominations, looking gorgeous but weary, Jake talked a little about what it means to turn 30 and the future.


Jake and Anne feature on the cover of the new issue of Stylist magazine in the UK. You can have a look at the article at the magazine's website on the second page.


And finally...

Thanks to BBMISwear for the heads up, at last we know when Jake's Shalom Sesame DVD will be available - 8 March 2011.


And finally, finally...

Last month, I was thrilled to be able to attend the Gulliver's Travels press conference in London, thanks to Bleeding Cool. I had an incredible time, sitting in the front row, enjoying a very funny cast, including Jack Black, Billy Connolly and Jack Corden. You can read my full report at Bleeding Cool, including a couple of my photos.

I'm also grateful to Bleeding Cool for publishing my review of Gulliver's Travels.

12 comments:

Julie said...

While Jake was in Australia last month, looking tired and gorgeous in near-equal measure

Actually that's not Australia, that's Los Angeles. Done the morning of the Golden Globe nominations. :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks for the correction, Julie - amended the post - that certainly helps explain why he looks so tired :)

I'm afraid, I do have a tendency to muddle up Jake's plaid shirts...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new interviews! It seemed Jake & Anne had fun last month and earlier this month promoting the film.

--Margot

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Margot! I think they did indeed :D

mermon said...

Wow! Another great interview! Thank you WDW.
We have seen so many of them. I have a lot favourites and still something new and great shows up. That one is so funny with those gifts and their reaction to them.

On that "Turning 30" clip Jake is so sleepy. I wonder at what time they have visited him. Was it at dawn or Jake is a sleepyhead :).

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! I really like this gift one - were you able to see it ok? I laughed and laughed through that. I think the 'turning 30' video was one of those around 9am and Jake looks so sleepy! Thanks for reminding me of that one!

mermon said...

Yes WDW! I can see this gift interview very well and I enjoyed it very much!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks, Mermon! I know what BBC videos are like and I was worried that noone outside the UK would see it. Great!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! We're now going through The Great Thaw. With some fog thrown in...

Have a good day - I'm spending the day at the movies :D Kind of warming myself up for Love and Other Drugs opening tomorrow.

Darling Bluebell said...

Bakchoi - don't knock joy. Bwahahaaa! He really spends too much time thinking, doesn't he. *lol*

Whoever invented the word 'murse'??
Okay, that was just a random comment. I would like to add that I love how you are working your way up in the movie blogging world, WDW. Two thumbs up! :)

sheba said...

I am buzzed, I am buzzed, I am sooo buzzed. How friggin long did we have to wait for LAOD??!! I can't wait for tomorrow. I've co-erced my co-pilot Karen to extricate herself from her beautiful new baby and her wonderfully understanding partner to indulge our Jake Fest tomorrow. I'm not going to break my record for watching PoP at the cinema but I'm hoping that Jamie will try to replace Dastan in my affections. I hope to bring most of my girlfriends to watch LAOD as they really enjoyed PoP with me last time.

Thanks for all the christmas catch-ups WDW. You do a wonderful job and my words are too trivial to express my deep gratitude for the work you do here. Kudos to you.

I could listen to Jake's voice 24/7 it is so resonant and soothing. Perhaps in 20 years when I retire Jake would have by then compiled a set of talking books. That'll do nicely, thank you. So roll on 29th December :DD

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Lady Ekster! I thought that was hysterical - I just love the way Jake's mind works - the rhyming of bakchoi and knock joy is extraordinary! And thank you!!

That's fantastic, Sheba! I hope the two of you have a wonderful time - I know you will. What a wait. I'm delighted that the two of you are going together. I'm so lucky that I got to see it with Rubes the other week. I'm hoping Mr WDW will see it with me on my birthday on Friday but I'll enjoy it nevertheless. I'll see it again tomorrow. It's great that it's out during the holidays.

Thank you, Sheba!