Thursday 30 December 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal talks LAOD and primal, animalistic sex... ahem...

It's not everyday that we get an interview in which Jake Gyllenhaal casually talks about casual sex. So let's pause, take a moment and savour the thought... Here's the snippet, courtesy of the Press Association.


"I think casual sex some people are into, I definitely have been in my life at times," he admitted. Before hastily adding: "I think you find other things more important as time goes on... I feel people might be tired of the normal cliched typical movie and so we put our minds together and I think we raised the stakes... We decided it was going to be two characters that both really couldn't be intimate and so we both went to sex as a way of avoiding things." This meant some quite saucy scenes for the pair. "The movie does start off with the two of them sort of primal and animalistically having sex," Jake laughed.' I think I'll have to see the film again...


In the interview below (thank you, Mermon!), Jake and Anne Hathaway reflect that Annie's mother expected little else from a film that paired her daughter with that Jake.



Meanwhile, Anne and Jake have been talking a little more about their motivation on set. Apparently, Jake's habit of googling himself caused something of a delay... 'Annie did the movie because she wanted to be in bed with me and I can't blame her I was the 45th actor to be offered a role as no one wanted to get naked with Anne but I needed the work. I felt sorry for her,' Gyllenhaal teased. But she retaliated by joking that it was difficult working with him, because of his constant self-obsession. She told reporters: 'The thing is - working with Jake is hard because you have to wait for him to stop Googling himself for anything to be usable.'



I love Jake's expressions as he listens to some of Anne's classic and very funny Jake put downs. But, just in case of said self-googling, one feels like one should tidy up and dust off one's blog...


And finally...

Michelle Williams has been telling Angelino about how the day will come when she will sit down with her daughter Matilda to watch her father in Brokeback Mountain: '"I was just an actor who happened to be lucky enough to be in the right place, and it was the place where I met Matilda's father, and that is a lot," she said. "It was a lot. And it will be a lot for Matilda too, when she gets around to watching it. I will watch it with her, when she's ready. It is hard to imagine what that would feel like, but one day, yes, we will watch it together."'


That's quite a thought - imagining Heath's daughter watching her dad in a movie that has changed so many lives and also, in a very real way, created her own. How incredible is that?


Thanks to Eureka for the lovely Hi-Res Spanish poster for Love and Other Drugs. Includes pictures from IHJ.

18 comments:

Linda said...

wow I'm gonna miss Jake & Anne together in the future
they're so much fun!
I can imagine now Jake googling himself, reading WDW with us...
ok I'm starting to be careful about what I write about him lol
nice spanish poster!! I have the official one hanging on my wall now but maybe it's too much Jake's skin for me.. I get distracted a lot :D
xx

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Linda! Me too... Jake in LAOD is definitely distracting. It could be his middle name.

mermon said...

Hi!
I like all those interviews - a lot. I like the humour, fast ping-pong between Jake and Anne, the wisdom, depth and the warmth of some Jake's statements.
What annoys me - there are the same fragments of the movie, repeated over and over again in each clip, which I can hardly watch now. Probably the main target of them is a large random audience, not following like we do all the interviews and clips with Jake. And they suppose to encourage people to view the film. But anyway, for me they are used too much. I just hope, that when I at last will see them in the movie I will be able to still like them :)

Those Michelle's words about watching BBM with Matilda are very moving. But Heath's daughter has many years yet to watch that movie. I suppose.

Cazajuguetes said...

Hi WDW!
I liked the "we put our minds together and I think we raised the stakes". I'm looking forward to check it myself.
Oh, Linda and WDW how I wished I could get one, even if it is not the big size official one. An A4 or A5 one would do.
I've been watching past days interviews and they are fun!

Does it mean he does search himself in Google or that he likes to watch the takes in the director's monitor?

Darling Bluebell said...

First: it's past midnight in the UK, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY WDW!!!! :-))))

Love the thought of Matilda watching BBM. What a powerful idea!

If we ever needed proof that Jake does read WDW, it's in that googling quote. Hi beautiful! Do feel free to delurk and comment, ok? Think of it as a birthday present to WDW. ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL about Jake googling himself.

I was very touched to learn Michelle said she would watch BBM with Matilda when she is older.

thanks WDW
Happy New Year

sweetpea

mermon said...

WDW! Happy Birthday to you! Best wishes of happiness and satisfaction in your life!

And Happy New Year to all of us and to Jake, if he comes here by any chance :).

T said...

Happy Birthday WDW, thanks for a great site and have a fab day xx

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to us! Hope you get Mr WDW to treat you to a cinema trip to see LAOD again as a birthday treat :)
My birthday treat to myself is spending time today daydreamimg about Jake and his beautiful body as seen in the film, yum yum!
Enjoy your day, Happy New Year, and keep up the good work here WDW. Hope 2011 brings many more exciting Jake films and amazing moments for us all x

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Good morning everyone! And thank you so much for the birthday wishes! And Happy birthday Karen!!

Hello to Eureka, Mermon, Sweetpea, Lady Ekster, T and Karen! I'll be back shortly. Going out to buy birdseed:D

Have a great NYE. Special post later!

Ruby said...

Happy Birthday, WDW!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Thanks for the vids and links WDW, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Since yesterday afternoon's cinema trip, I've had the Macarena playing in a loop in my head. I totally blame Jake. It was good to see an almost-full cinema and everyone laughing in all the right places. The movie seemed to go down well. :)

Ooh, there was a huge free-standing cardboard cut-out version of the LaOD poster at the top of the escalator. I considered trying to liberate it, but I think someone might have noticed. :D And it was so big I would never have got it through my front door.

Monica said...

Laod promo is one of my favorites now. All videos and interviews are wonderful.


That's quite a thought - imagining Heath's daughter watching her dad in a movie that has changed so many lives and also, in a very real way, created her own. How incredible is that?

Yeah, very amazing and touching.

Happy birthday, Wet Dark!
And Happy New Year to all who visit this amazing blog.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks, Rubes! That macarena has a nasty habit of getting in the brain. And to think it took nearly ten years to forget it before. Jake has a lot to answer for! Hmmmm, I can see the appeal of a lifesize LAOD Jake. There should be lots of them :D

Thanks so, so much, Monica! And Happy New Year :)

Get Real said...

Happy birthday, WDW!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday WDW! :D
and Happy New Year to everyone :)
I wish you the very best.
Eureka I hope you can get a poster soon :)

paulh said...

I doubt that Anne was at all serious in that Google quote about Jake. He may well go on Google a lot, but he doesn't come across as egotistical enough to be constantly checking to see what people are saying about him. he does, however, seem to use his Blackberry a lot.

I also doubt that 44 actors in a row would turn down the chance to do bedrooms cenes with Anne. Jake was hired first, then suggested Anne for the part of Maggie. Remember?

I saw "Tron: Lehacy" last night. Sorry, no Jake links. Not even close. There's a huge link to Maggie Gyllenhaal, though: Jeff Bridges, who was in "Crazy heart" with her.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year everyone!
Hope you're having a better time than me - second time this month I've got laryngitis :-(

Happy birthday WDW! Wish you all the best today and in the year to come.

Fie

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much Get Real!

Thanks Linda!

Hi Paul :D I have no doubt that Jake and Anne were laughing their heads off -neither comment was serious in the least. They did make me laugh!

Thank you, Fie! I do hope you feel better very soon.

New post :)