Thursday 15 September 2011

A day of Hysteria for Maggie Gyllenhaal at TIFF - a digression

A brief digression this evening to celebrate the today's presentation of Hysteria at TIFF by Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hugh Dancy and (my old favourite) Jonathan Pryce. The gala is tonight as well as the official cast dinner with Maggie. There are some wonderful pictures of Maggie at the press conference here. Please note how I'm not mentioning the dress...


At the press conference, Maggie was asked about working with her husband, Peter Sarsgaard:
“We’ve done two plays together and we just did one this winter. Being onstage with him night after night, we realized that we really respect each other and i really respect his opinion about his work. Even when I have had a great day, I often come back and tell him about it. He’s definitely not a husband who says, ‘You can’t make a movie about a vibrator’ or ‘Don’t take your clothes off.’ I don’t think he would’ve married me.” 
I rather enjoyed this early review of Hysteria over at Collider.


No word about, or photos of, Jake as yet, if he is in Toronto. Looking at all of the Maggie goodies that are coming out of Toronto today, I am reminded about how much I'm looking forward to the release of End of Watch!

Pictures from Celebuzz and CBA.

9 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

I hope you all had a good day, Friday tomorrow! And I miss Jake - what is he up to...?

Susan said...

Thanks, Kate, for the update on Maggie at TIFF. I totally agree with your decision not to mention the dress... so I'm not mentioning it either.

Yes, just what is Jake up to? I think he's had enough time off from EOW. He needs to be filming that next movie!!

Margot said...

Fun fact of the day:

Source Code is set to be a new TV series for CBS! This is good, I think?

http://www.slashfilm.com/source-code-developed-tv-series-cbs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

It was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/source-code-be-adapted-tv-236071

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning everyone! Friday :D

hi Susan! And very wise... ;D He does! No sitting around relaxing for Jake, I want him working right now!

Hi Margot :) I was reading about that last night. Not sure what I make of it yet but I would've thought that the idea could get very old fast in a TV series and it sounds a bit too similar to the excellent Quantum Leap for me. But does show what a good job Duncan and Jake did!

Have a good day everyone!

Unknown said...

Maggie does have a special style. But we know that some in the family know how to dress.

It's been really kind of quiet since EOW is done shooting. Wonder what's next.

Thanks for the update, Margot. Though I doubt the series can be only half as good without Jake in it.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hui said...

WDW

I mis Jake,too.....:/

Susan said...

I have serious reservations about Source Code being adapted as a TV show. Yes, it would be CSI meets Quantum Leap which could have a very broad appeal, but the premise could grow old very quickly as well. Seriously, without Jake, how good could it be? ;) If a Source Code series actually makes it to TV, it will probably bear little resemblance to the movie except for the ability to use technology to send a living person back in time to inhabit the body of someone who will soon be quite dead. What about the idea that dozens of alternate realities could result from such time-jumping? How much will the series be willing to invest in difficult to comprehend science fiction scenarios?

I'm not holding my breath waiting on this one. They will have to prove to me that a weekly series like this is worth my time. On the other hand, isn't it terrific that Duncan Jones' movie has the potential to become a TV series!? And it will also provide publicity for Jake every time someone mentions where the concept came from, and how Jake was the original "Source Code Detective."

mermon said...

I read those actors' comments about Hysteria. Interesting. I really would like to see that movie.
I like the upper part of Maggie's dress. Just the bottom does not seem to fit.
Interesting story about SC tv series. At first moment I was happy about it, but then I found out it won't be Jake and Duncan in it. Strange. And I would personally prefer it to be a series of the cinema movies, like James Bond, with Jake in each one of them. But let's be patient. The story is good. I wish them good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Jake was spotted at the apple store in Berkley
http://lockerz.com/s/139361576

Sweetpea