Thursday 1 March 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal joins the 'Celebration of Paul Newman's Dream' and some bits and pieces on World Book Day

Jake Gyllenhaal has frequently had kind warm words to say about his honorary Celebrity Godfather Paul Newman as past posts here show: 'I don't think I've met a more decent human being' is one statement that shouts out. But one area in which Jake has been particularly proud of Paul is in his charity work: 'That salad dressing, to me, was a sense of who he was, and how he did so much incredible good around the world. Yes, the movies stay with us, but more than that, we remember the person, the man he was. So the movie stuff, whether it goes away tomorrow, I have the things that matter to me in my life.'


So how appropriate and wonderful, then, that on 2 April Jake will be one of the many to take part in 'A Celebration of Paul Newman's Dream' at the Lincoln Center in NYC. The event will benefit Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall foundation which 'will benefit Paul Newman’s family of camps and programs supporting children facing serious illnesses from around the world'. His widow Joanne Woodward announced: 'This is the legacy of my husband, Paul, and he considered it to be his most important one... It is for that very reason that I find this delicate way, in my best manners, to ask friends and supporters to come together to help raise money – it’s about helping the children who need it.'


There are also details here on how you can buy a ticket, including the $1500 post-performance supper tickets...

Meanwhile, tweets suggest that Jake is still enjoying a quiet and relatively anonymous life in NYC.

Mountain Man

Jake's Facial Pet has been getting some more media attention:
Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal's mountain man beard might be long and bushy, but he keeps it combed, expertly trimmed and healthy-looking. When dealing with facial hair at this length, maintenance is key to avoiding an overgrown and unkempt nest full of woodland creatures. But inspite of that the actor carried it on well at this year's award functions like Golden Globe.


Buy more stationery, marry Jake Gyllenhaal

This article in the Guardian on why we love stationery caught my attention, as you might see when you give it a read.


Thanks to IHJ for the pictures on World Book Day!

16 comments:

T said...

Hi Kate, Thanks for another great post with pictures that id forgotten about.
Congratulations on your promotion :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Kate, you got a promotion? Congradulations:)

Anonymous said...

I meant congratulations:)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much T!

I did, 20:50 - I'm so so pleased!!!

I hope you all had a day as wonderful as mine :)

T said...

I dont think my day can match yours, but a project i am involved in launched today with much fan fare, pictures, cake & t-shirts, only time will tell on the results but everyone seemed very pleased, though my feet werent after 7hrs in heels (forget to take trousers up as im a shortie & as a result the heels were dusted off). Im almost scared to say this after reading your tweats but i work for Orange - runs & hides

Wet Dark and Wild said...

That sounds brilliant, T! Congratulations, what a tough successful day! Well, Orange fixed my troubles in the end so no worries!

Susan said...

Wonderful post Kate! I went to the website about the Celebration of Paul Newman's Dream and was tempted to buy tickets, but then reality intervened once again. Although... if the $1500 for post-performance supper tickets came with an iron-clad guarantee that Jake would be there, I'd have to reconsider. :)

The stationery article was a hoot! I've already shared that link with several friends.

Congrats on the promotion and thanks again for all you do!

Carol said...

Congratulations on your promotion Kate:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your promotion, Kate !
Christina

mayumintolor said...

Congratulations, Kate!! :D
and Thanks for the post.
I hope that we will see lots of new pics of Jake at the great celebration.

Have a good Friday everyone! :)

BBMISwear said...

It took me some time to get here but I must join in on the congrats regarding your promotion! You've always been a hard worker so I'm not surprised!

The Paul Newman charity event sounds interesting - I wonder what "performances" the actors will put on. Obviously the musicians will perform but the actors? Hmmmm. Maybe they will just speak...or maybe sing? That would be great!! Hopefully photos (and videos maybe) will surface shortly after the event. I guess while we're in this "lack of movie release" time frame we'll take what we can get of Jake's "performances"!

Happy Weekend all!

:-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your promotion, Kate. And thanks for that link. Finally I know why I constantly buy new note books and pens!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful posts. I had never heard of world book day. I LOVE reading books. You got a promotion? what is your new title? (congrats)

I am hoping we might hear some news about Jake's next project(and a release date for EOW now that it has a distributor)

sweetpea

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate!!!!
A big sunny hug
Carlotta

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments everyone! That is so nice of you all x

Ah Susan, how can you resist? ;)

Thanks so much Carol, Mayumintolor and Christina!

Jake singing? That I'd love to see/hear BBMISwear :-)

Thanks Mrs JG, Sweetpea and Carlotta!

What a day :)

News so new post!

Anonymous said...

Jake Gyllenhaal try to made something useful for yourself, if you have dificulties to do in your spare time!

We can study languages. French (Alliace Francaise), German (Goethe Institut), spanish!!
Or the classical of literature...
Gibbon, Montesquieu, Dante etc...