Friday 13 July 2012

An Enemy in the can? Comic-Con still on? A shaven Jake Gyllenhaal in NYC and Annie Funke cast in If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet

Jake the Sasquatch is no more! Again! Proving true the ancient adage: 'You can always tell when Jake Gyllenhaal has finished filming because he shaves' - an adage that can be reversed: 'You can always tell when Jake Gyllenhaal has started filming because he shaves' - Jake was espied in a restaurant in NYC without the beard. Jake will now have to store excess food in his napkin like most other people.


There are further new images of Jake not only shorn on his face but also on his head. While we'll have to wait for tomorrow (or Sunday UK time) to learn if Jake does make it to San Diego's Comic-Con as the programme lists, we can still enjoy the images. Incidentally, the media has been a little surprised at the inclusion of End of Watch at this Comic-Con Superhero/Sparkly Antihero/Alien fest. There's this from E! and more from Hollywood.com. The verdict seems to be that Jake puts bums on seats - reason enough! Let's hope the absence of his name in this tweet was an oversight.

UPDATE: Jake didn't attend Comic-Con. Instead his message was presented as a video. Details to come in the next post.



Meanwhile, the actress to play Anna, the teenager in Jake's imminent play If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet has been cast. She is conveniently called Annie (Funke).

My review of Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is now on MovieBrit.

13 comments:

S said...

Wow, a shorn Jake. He's had the beard for so long I would probably have to do not only a double-take but a triple-take to make sure it was him.

It does seem odd that EOW is at Comic-Con but since it is I was wondering if there might be a graphic novel tie-in or something to the movie. Or EOW might be in an action-hero category? Don't have a clue - just hopeful there will be some sightings and a panel discussion that includes Jake in person.

Susan said...

Sorry, I am apparently keyboard impaired today. That was my comment just now. 'S' stands for Susan...

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi (S)usan! I can't fathom why it would be there but as long as it is I hope Jake makes it! I want to hear him talk about the film.

Anonymous said...

...maybe I'm the only one but honestly I have to say that I'll miss Jake the Sasquatch! Anyway here we are...An enemy is done, comic-con on the way and few weeks to see Jake on stage! I love Gyllenbusy years! Thanks Kate for the great job and enjoy the "olimpic air" for me too!
Kisses and a wonderful weekend to everyone!
Carlotta

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Carlotta! Happy days :) And you may well be the only one!

mermon said...

If this pic of Jake is a real one, he has a very interesting look now - clean shaven face and quite long hair. I love that combination!
Tomorrow is soon :), so we will find out about Jake participating or not at Comic-Con. I hope he will. Let's wait for any tweets from the airports. That would be a sign.
Girl taking Anna's part seems a right choice, judging from her picture and quite impressive in her age - acting past. Lucky her to get that part!

ANTJE said...

Sorry, folks but -
ARE you really sure the guy on the left side of this very blurry photograph is, aherm, Jake Gyllenhaal??

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Looks like him to me, Antje. We'll have to wait and see for shaven proof but I'm pretty sure it's him.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! Yes, we need to follow the Twitter trail!

MK said...

theres been some tweets that place Jake back in Toronto sans the beard which if true probably Jake will not make it to Comic Con maybe not quite finished yet

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi MK! Seems you were right!

Jake didn't attend Comic-Con. Instead, his message was presented as a video during the panel attended by Michael Pena and David Ayer. More details to follow. Disappointing.

But then today has been a supremely disappointing day - the festival I was supposed to attend this weekend after planning it for months was cancelled this morning for rain.

My review of Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is on MovieBrit

wynoami said...

I got my tix for If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet for October 20th matinee with a talk with the stars to follow!! Can't wait! go to roundabouttheatre.org and use code IFHIP for $20 mezzanine tix.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Wyonami! Thanks so much for letting me know and that is fantastic! I'd be so grateful if you can do a report for us - wetdarkandwild@googlemail.com - enjoy it!