Tuesday 10 July 2012

Catch up with Jake Gyllenhaal and a WDW Torchy Interlude

End of Watch has a website! And just as well considering that the film is released in the US in just over a couple of months. This goes hand in hand with the film's Facebook site. The last post gave details of when the tickets for If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet will be available (23 July) but now we have a price for those tickets. It's the rather nicely rounded figure of $100 although for an added donation of $2000 you're offered one of the best seats in the orchestra. There is also confirmation that the run is restricted to end on 25 November.


Jake Gyllenhaal himself has been very quiet of late, no doubt trying to get everything he has to do for An Enemy finished before he heads down to San Diego for his appearance at Comic-Con. There was still time however for Jake to pop out for some ice cream with his An Enemy co-star Sarah Gadon down Toronto's wonderful Yonge Street. You can see more photos here. New shoes, Jake! Good to see the smiles.

WDW Torch interlude

You might not have noticed but there's an Olympics on the way. It's all been very low-key... The Torch has taken the most circuitous route possible - clearly not carried by the best of mapreaders - and yesterday and today it went through Oxford. Yesterday afternoon, it even passed through my village and the crowds came out and they were bigger than I've ever seen them here. Even more people than you get in Sainsburys on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm. There was a carnival atmosphere with the police thoroughly enjoying themselves. This may be the only time I've ever hi-fived a policeman while he rode passed me on a motorbike.




11 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello! Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday - my internet went own right in the middle of it... Hope you're all having a good week!

Susan said...

Hi Kate! Thanks for the updates.

So nice to hear the Olympic Torch is making its way to the games in such a dignified and low-key manner - I would hate to know there's been a lot of fuss over it. ;) I'm not usually interested in sports of any kind, but I always look forward to the spectacle of the Olympics. It's a global event that gives one hope for the future of the human race.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Susan! Haha! I know, you'd never know the Games is coming... ;) I couldn't resist watching the Torch when it passed the bottom of my road. I'm glad I went though as there was a fantastic atmosphere. I tried to get a lottery ticket to see Roger Bannister with the torch early this morning but no luck. I just wish the weather would get better.

mermon said...

So we will have new sport excitement soon. This time in your country, Kate!
I am surprise that the theatre ticket prizes are so high. Is it always so expensive in USA? It's not a Broadway! I wonder if there are people ready to pay 2000$? 100$ seems also expensive. But I would save that for a chance to see Jake. If I remember that correctly play will be on stage 7 days a week, weekends even twice. So someone will earn a lot of money. I hope that it will have full audience, despite the prizes.
Thanks for news, Kate.
Nice to see Jake enjoying ice-creams with Sarah Gadon and friend. Closer they are with each other, better chemistry will be in the movie.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Mermon! The Olympics are huge and they haven't even started yet... Actually, looking at the prices, they're higher in London, and it would be worth it for seeing Jake in the play. I was just a little struck by how it was such a round number. I can see why the theatre would want to earn some extra in donations from having Jake tread its boards.. I love the pictures with Sarah :)

BBMISwear said...

I only have a minute on line as I'm just getting settled in after vacation but wanted to say that although I'm not all that excited about the Olympic torch I am definitely excited to see your village!! I enjoy hearing about the things you do in your area and it's nice to get a glimpse and feel for it like in these pictures.

Great to see play info slowly but surely coming our way. What an exciting time for Jake (and his fans) with so much going on and more and more on the way! Yay to that!!

Back to unpacking...

:-)

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love your blog (and all other JG blogs out there for that matter). However, I'd like to know why we are suddenly making a big deal about his smoking habit? This has been well-known for years. I seem to recall you have posted pictures of him smoking in the past and he has never shied away from lighting up in public. So why make such a big deal?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi BBMISwear :-) I would loveto show you the place! Do come over! And so much more on the way!

Anon, I have no idea what you're on about. The only person making a big (or even a small) deal about Jake's smoking is you. Noone else has even mentioned it.

BBMISwear said...

I know I have an open invitation to visit WDW and you'll be the first to know when I make it to the that side of the pond!! Enjoy what's coming (both sports wise and Jake wise). :-)

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting that you got to actually see the torch!!

Cazajuguetes said...

How exciting, the torch visiting your place.
I agree, ticket prices are too expensive, but of course I do not often visit theaters other than cinemas here....
Hugs