Wednesday 10 October 2012

Jake Gyllenhaal briefly talks about working with Heath and a video catchup

End of Watch has its UK premiere tomorrow at the London International Film Festival. The premiere is likely to be Jakeless and the film doesn't open in the UK until 23 November but it's good to see the film cross the pond. This might also mean the beginning of publicity over here. This is also a catch up time. Here is a taster of an interview with Jake Gyllenhaal for Sunrise in Australia in which Jake talks about how his friendship with Heath Ledger affected his performance in Brokeback Mountain for the better. It's always good to hear Jake talk about Heath and the Mountain. Always.



There is another interview here with Jake and Michael Pena by Ben Lyons, which I think I missed. There have been so many! Just watch what you say about Jake's mum....



There are another couple of videos showing the scene outside the If There Is  Haven't Found It Yet theatre. Jake does seem more relaxed with the big theatre crowd now as he makes memories for an awful lot of people and fans.





Thanks to IHJ there are more photos from the production. Here is just one...


And finally

It's been announced that Paul Dano - one of the Loopers - is to join Jake, Hugh Jackman and Melissa Yeo in Prisoners, possibly as the kidnapper. There are more details here.

Talking of Looper, my review is up on MovieBrit. This weekend I'll be reviewing End of Watch as I'm fortunate to have a ticket for its Saturday screening at the LFF!

Thanks to BBMISwear for the Lyons video link.

11 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! Hope you've had a good day - is it Friday yet?

Anonymous said...

Friday is coming...I hope very soon!!!Thanks Kate for all these wonderful posts!!!I was in trouble with my internet connection for a while...and now soooo many news, video , pics!!!And an italian release date of EoW (22nd of November)!!!
Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Kisses
Carlotta

Jake's friend said...

I love my Jakey G. He is total class with all the crap he puts up with past and present. His aura is amazing.

I hope nothing but the best for him, who knows maybe one day he will be lucky enough to meet me.

Susan said...

Hi Kate. I'm so excited for you, finally getting to see End of Watch! Gritty cop dramas are NOT my usual choice of movie by any means, but this one was so good in so many ways it just doesn't do it justice to label it that way. It's like saying Brokeback Mountain was about gay cowboys - and we know better, don't we?

Looking forward to your review and curious about what the audience reaction will be like in your theater. Keep up the good work!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks so much, Carlotta! I'm really pleased your internet is working again.

Hello Jake's Friend!

Hi there Susan! They're not my usual choice either but it's good to see so many people, including yourself, liking it. I saw the trailer at the movies last weekend and it did look good.Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Warning Kate, one of Jake's favorite words I do believe is used alot in the film. I am little worried how that will play out in the UK.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi 22:34 - personally, I'm not a fan of swearing at all in films (or anywhere) but End of Watch is a certificate 18 in the UK and so it shouldn't matter too much to adult audiences over here. It will probably drive me mad though ;)

Have a good day everyone!

Wuppie said...

Hi everyone,

Never posted on here before, but I've been a lurker for a couple of months :) I'd like to thank you ever so much for posting all these links and videos, it's great to keep up with all that's happening now.

I'm always touched when Jake mentions Heath in an interview - it's good to know he's still proud of Brokeback Mountain. To me, it's his finest performance to date. And the best movie ever.

Love from The Netherlands and keep up the good work!

BBMISwear said...

BBMISwear agrees deeply that it's always good to hear Jake talk about Heath and the Mountain. *sigh*

We will have to find the full interview after it airs on that Australian station next week!

I'm with Susan re: EoW being so much more than a typical cop movie (a type I don't typically enjoy watching either). There is so much here about relationships too...I can't wait to hear your input Kate!!

I'm smiling at the "swearing" discussion as I've learned over the years the many different takes people have on swearing! I was raised in a very loud, outspoken, Italian family where swearing was literally just a part of the vocabulary - ha ha! The swearing in EoW is through the roof but given the atmosphere these people are all in (both the good guys and the bad guys) it's not a surprise that swearing is just a regular part of their language. I do think this works better in some regions of the world than others, though.

Thanks for the update WDW...great to see IHJ has even more pictures from the play too. Welcome to Wuppie!

:-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Welcome Wuppie! I'm so glad you delurked to post. So goof to meet another Brokeback fan :)

Hi there BBMISwear :-) We must look out for this video! They seem good at posting their interviews online so hopefully we'll see it. I'm more prudish than many about swearing (I don't live or work in a swearing environment so it does jar with me). We'll have to see how I take to the film but with an 18 certificate movie I lower my swearing expectations ;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Very sorry to hear of the death today of Harry Savides, the hugely talented cinematographer on Zodiac