Thursday 25 March 2010

Updated: Jake Gyllenhaal answers fan question no. 2! Maggie Gyllenhaal's big London night (with pig)

Jake Gyllenhaal answers fan question number 2! This time it's not from an Erin (or me, alas) but the lucky fan is Aamnaa and she asks Jake how filming Prince of Persia was different from his other films. Jake's answer conjures up an image of running between film units so that every element and feature of this world could be visualised.


Last night in Leicester Square, in London's West End, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson enjoyed the premiere for Nanny (You've been very naughty) McPhee. Also in attendance was a pig - a hairy one, called Scarlett. This does indeed give me hope that when Jake Gyllenhaal graces the other big black Odeon just across the Square on 9 May, we might get an ostrich or two. Camel, perhaps? After all, for The Dark Knight premiere, I did have my eardrums peppered by a Batmobile.



Maggie suggested that, despite having spent so much time in England filming and having pulled off a pretty good English accent in Nanny McPhee, she still needs an interpreter when over here due to problems with the lingo. Something to do with pants...



Speaking of premieres, there is further confirmation of a little event taking place on 9 May, not to mention some other events coming up in the Big Smoke (Moonwalk anyone?).


We have another Prince of Persia ShoWest review - it's rather informal, not at all stuffy and seems to suggest that PoP does exactly what it says on the tin. In other words, if you go into the theatres expecting a fun spectacle, verbal sparring between two hot leads, some parkour straight out of the games, and pomp and splendour, then you're not ging to be disappointed. On the contrary, you may find yourself loving it! It does not, however, have any explosions, which is possibly not too unexpected. Thanks to Monica for the link.


'It's a summer film based on a video game series, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. So yes, it's exactly what just about everyone in the world is expecting it to be: big budget, big action, not the deepest of plots and dialog, and tons of blockbuster-movie clichés. It doesn't make any advancements in fight choreography, but it doesn't do wrong there, either. The parkour moments were fun to watch, especially when Jake Gyllenhaal's Prince would do things straight out of the games, like flag-pole-to-flag-pole flips, wall runs, and the like. They were such direct nods to the franchise, that I wanted to tell the guy next to me, "That's from the video game, you know." (And by the way, some parts even made me think "Assassin's Creed"....)... Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is all "popcorn flick," but I'm sure you suspected that long before I said anything. It won't be up for any "Best Picture" nominations, but I had a very good time watching it nonetheless.'


The publicity machine is no doubt ready to crank up another gear, and there's a rather clear indication that we may be getting a report from these Disney movie surfers (pictured below) who visited the PoP set in London and Morocco. Don't quote me on this, as it may well not come to pass, but I have also heard that Jake may make an appearance at Saturday's Nickelodeon Kid's Choice awards in LA (fingers crossed...). Prince of Persia was also amongst Total Film's 20 Exciting Cannes Rumours as a blockbuster that may present out of competition and provide some stardust.


All of this is as nothing when compared to my dilemma of what to do with all my Prince of Persia stickers...


Source Code filming has now reached its midway point - Vera Farmiga is set to being filming at the start of April and Russell Peters has tweeted that 'It's a wrap!' for him at least and he's now 'Heading back to LA... Finally! It was fun, successful and emotional... By for now Canada!' Love and Other Drugs, meanwhile, had another screening last night to some great responses on Twitter and Facebook, including 'if you enjoy jake gyllenhaal's nekkid butt, go watch "love & other drugs" when it comes out.' Obviously my love and appreciation for Jake Gyllenhaal are pure and driven by respect and admiration for his talent and powers as an artiste, but I have decided that I will not be put off by the film's inclusion of Jake's bottom.


Apparently, and not unexpectedly, Love and Other Drugs is not yeet finished. This is made clear by one Facebook poster's comment that he has been recalled by director Zwick to redub one word. Yep, A word. One wonders what this crucial word might be... At least now we'll hear it.

Pictures from the PoP Visual Guide (at last on its way to me in the post!) via IHJ.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey WDW! I loved your last post by the way, it was nearly impossible for me to put write my thoughts too :/ Thank god its all over.

It's thursday! You know what that means. Another fan quesetion answered by Jake! I reckon the chances of them picking another Erin are pretty slim :P I hope you get yours answered or one of the WDW regulars :D

Silver

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Silver! Ooh you are so right... I'm such a bad Jake fan... I'd forgotten! I seem to recall that it was really late UK time last week? Well, maybe they'll have an Erin run :D Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Videos up on facebook! :D

He didn't say the girls name this time, so i'm just gonna go ahead and say he must like the name Erin! :P

I've kind of convinced myself he was actually talking to me anyway..

Silver

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks Silver! Updating post :D He looks beauuuuutiful :)

Gretchen said...

aw he's soooo adooorable in that video.i love all the hand gestures :')

sheba said...

He is expressive and calm all at the same time. Good insightful answers given too.

Hi WDW, hope you're feeling better. Got a bit of sleep last night so hopefull the sandman will visit early tonight ;D

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Just wonderful, Gretchen :)

Hi Sheba :D I found the answer really interesting, must be strange working as the lead in front of so many units. And exciting. Hope you get some sleep. I'm trying to take it easy :)

sheba said...

I think his adrenaline levels were exceeded. Now I know how they could have gotten so much done in such a short space of time. Similar to LOTR filming where my darling Viggo talks about the process.

This is not a real segue but I've never seen this video before with Jake promoting rendition in Canada.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/61/originals/61240_video-169625-jake-gyllenhaal-talks-rendition.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.accesshollywood.com/video_169625&usg=__81sAqlt_-AOd9u4xToaoRsO4t9k=&h=480&w=640&sz=37&hl=en&start=180&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=pTKvnRTc3NHDoM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djake%2Bgyllenhaal%26start%3D160%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

How the heck do you make the text shorter?

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Sheba - I'm glad to say that excellent video is on WDW. Here's a clickable link directly to the video :)

sheba said...

Ah, of course, I should have known it would be. Good interview though.

BBMISwear said...

Kettle's on so I thought I'd stop in and see what's new. I actually did so last night and got pulled away for something and never got back. :-( But I did gift myself at the end of a long day with a watch of Brothers so that was a good thing! *sigh* I needed that dose of Tommy for sure.

LOL at the possibility of Ostriches on May 9th...I will expect to see pictures of that if it happens!!

I'm with you on what and why I like about Jake as an actor, WDW...but I also like what I think we're going to see in LAOD - bring it on!!

Lots of info here and there this week...thanks for keeping us up to date WDW! Another long day for me so I guess I'll get to it.

:-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning BBMISwear :-) Good to hear you got to see Tommy again last night :D I'm looking forward to making the aquaitance of LAOD Jake too!

Have a good day everyone - Friday :D What a week.... this is definitely one I would like to erase from memory...

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures. Jake looks amazing! I particularly love seeing him with the horse! I remember his story about falling off a horse as a child, and always being afraid of them afterwards. This horse looks pretty powerful, and Jake has obviously masterd his fear!

freetraveller said...

Hope you get better soon, WDW.
I'm doing only slightly better today.
I love that Facebook video, with Jake answering question#2, how he gracefully he gesticulates explaining about the different crews on set and him having to jump from scene to scene...

Thank you to Sheba for posting that Access Hollywood interview about Rendition, which I'd never seen before :)

Hugs
Paola

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there 14:31! Jake really does seem to have conquered his fears - with the horse and also with heights, I'd say. Jake should be proud of himself :)

Hi Paola! I do hope you feel better soon. I've been a bit knocked off my feet this week. But I'm getting better. That is a lovely interview.

This talk of videos and what some people have seen and others haven't has given me an idea - stay tuned!

New post :)

Anna said...

I was going to say something abouth how much I love Emma Thompson, but then you go ahead and post more pics of Jake, and I completely lose my focus...

;)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi there Anna! I know, I'm bad like that ;) xx