Thursday 31 July 2014

Nightcrawler! Trailers and news of the film's special presentation at this year's TIFF

Nightcrawler approaches! Jake Gyllenhaal's next movie Nightcrawler arrives in US cinemas on 17 October but, as now seems traditional with Jake's movies, it will also be showing at the Toronto International Festival - its special presentation will take place at the Elgin Theatre on 5 September at 9.30pm.

It's fitting then that we now have not only a promotional clip 'Hardworker seeking a job' but also the first official trailer.



The blurb with the trailer tells us: 'NIGHTCRAWLER is a pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling -- where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Rene Russo as Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou thrives. In the breakneck, ceaseless search for footage, he becomes the star of his own story.'



There is also a poster to go with the trailer, as seen on Awards Circuit



So, whaddya think?!

12 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Morning! This all makes me really happy - a new film with a very public release. I do hope that it has a bigger release than Enemy, which means I might actually be able to see it! It will be great to see Jake back at TIFF! I love the voice over on the trailer....

Have a lovely day!

Susan said...

I am so excited about Nightcrawler! It sounds different and edgy, something that might capture some attention and do well at the box office.
And now I'm wondering about Lou Bloom's fate: 'he becomes the star of his own story' doesn't sound like a happy ending. That's okay! Pulse-pounding thrillers don't needs happy endings. They just need The J.

Anonymous said...

mmm...more to this that I at first realised :-)
Amanda

Anonymous said...

*than

BBMISwear said...

Just popping by to say hello...it's been quite a while since I've visited here during a very busy summer! Hope you are well, Kate, and everyone else who visits here. I've been trying to keep up with Jake news as much as possible...I'm happy to see updates here and love how busy Jake is (and how much great stuff will be coming our way because of it). I'm so looking forward to Nightcrawler - it looks like a wonderful performance by Jake and very exciting that it will be at TIFF (always lots of interviews for us to enjoy when Jake goes to TIFF)!!

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Until next time...

:-)

Sonja said...

Uhm. Kate, is the WDW forum de-activated? I don't post there, but I sometimes read there.

paulh said...

I saw the trailer for "Nightcrawler" the other day. It looks like a *lot* of fun!

Today I saw "Guardians of the Galaxy," which has Charles C. Riley as its Jake link.

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I'm off to Rome this week so looking forward to slaving away over a good book and glass of wine.

hi Susan! I'm enjoying the buzz that's building up around bthis.

Hi Amanda!

Good to see you, Lisa! :-) Hope all is good with you. Good news about TIFF, eh?!

Hi Sonja - thanks for letting me know. It was deactivated but I've restored it. Mermon was the lifeblood of the forum and without her it's very quiet.

Hi Paul!

Have a good day!

paulh said...

The other day I saw "Get on up," a bio film about James Brown. Viola Davis was the Jake link. She was in "Prisoners."

Anonymous said...

I have a Jake link- our gym does a cycle 'spin' class LOL... :-)

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! Just back from sunny, lovely Rome - will do an update shortly. Hope you're all well.

Anonymous said...

oh good, getting bored with no Jake news!