Thursday 21 August 2014

Updated with new trailer! Another peep at Nightcrawler plus confirmation that Jake Gyllenhaal is expected at TIFF for its premiere

Updated to add official trailer number 2 for Nightcrawler!



Buon giorno! Despite all the efforts of various airlines to prevent it, I am back from Rome! Unfortunately, I seem to have left summer behind. Never mind, time to warm up with the latest peek at Nightcrawler, Jake Gyllenhaal's next movie, thanks to IHJ. You can watch it here.

You'll notice from this that the US release date has been put back from 17 October to the appropriately spooky date of 31 October. Fortunately, this is nothing like the length of delays we've been used to in the past - remember those long delays for Brothers and Prince of Persia? Painful...

The good news is that there is confirmation from TIFF that Jake will be attending the festival premiere of Nightcrawler on 5 September. 


Finally, Naomi Foner has been talking about Jake and Maggie during the publicity for Very Good Girls. She told ABC News: '"Jake was in the editing room frequently. He was the one who pointed out that Boyd's character was like Clarence in 'It's a Wonderful Life,' who comes in and tells them something they need to know," she said. "He gave me some great advice during the making of this... I can’t say that there’s anything that gives me more pleasure than to get to the point where my children are my friends. I adore my kids. They are spectacular," she said. "Nothing is more important than family."'

8 comments:

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good August!

Susan said...

Hi Kate! So happy you enjoyed a great vacation and hope we will see a lovely interlude soon.
I'm hoping the date change for Nightcrawler was a strategic move that will pay off with better box office. A really good indie noir film on Halloween sounds perfect.
Getting great advice from Jake while filming a movie - and he happens to be your son - how awesome is that?!

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Hi Susan! Thanks! I'll put some photos up :) I think the date change is a good idea for a creepy film. I'm not certain if this changes the release date in the UK as well. Probably.

Updated the post with official trailer number 2 for Nightcrawler!

Have a good Friday :)

Anonymous said...

Hello !
Thanks for your update, Kate. It's good to see Trailer's for "Nightcrawler", although I don't like Jake so skinny.
Very good you had a nice vacation in Italy. Can't wait for your photos.
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Christina

Anonymous said...

Couldn't decide what film I wanted to watch last night, so as the weather is so dire and creepy up here on Bodmin Moor, I decided to watch The Day After Tomorrow again. Still keeps me on the edge of my seat despite the rubbish aspects of it. Jake shines out and makes it OK :-)
Amanda

Wet Dark and Wild said...

Thanks, Christina!

Hi Amanda! I will always, always love that film. Jake is great in it!

Top rated Is God Real visit site said...

Jake Gyllenhaal is better than the sum of Nightcrawler's parts, but the film is still a riveting, horrific exploitation that blurs the lines between American greed and the American dream.

Marlene Detierro said...

JG is masterful. One would meet this character and last about two minutes before running away. Joins Travis Bickell and all the other freaky movie characters. Tremendous character creation. Great car chase. Highly enjoyable.

Marlene
Info site for Ketchikan Fishing Charters Website